BOULBON & PRACTICAL INFORMATION
Boulbon is a charming village located in the North of the Bouches-du-Rhône. Its territory is divided between rich plain devoted to crops and the Montagnette, a paradise for hikers.
This village of the Provence Alpes Côte-d’Azur region is proud of its Rhône culture and is committed to keeping its traditions alive. Its picturesque architecture and atmosphere retain the character of a thousand-year-old stronghold.
Its inhabitants and visitors enjoy a calm and peaceful pace of life, far from any noisy road.
The castle of Boulbon overlooks the Rhone valley. It was at one time on the border of the county of Provence and the Kingdom of France. Crossing important road axes, it was considered since its construction as a sentinel of Provence.
The keep and the central rectangular tower both date from the 11th century. The monument has been partially opened to the public for special events. It will be fully open when the restoration work is completed.
In Boulbon, you will find four places to eat:
- The Café du Commerce with its large open and shaded terrace.
- L’Astrado, café restaurant and tobacconist’s shop.
- The restaurant L’Oranger and its authentic cuisine.
- The Maffei pizzeria, for take-away pizzas.
And local shops: a pharmacy, a mini-market, the post office, a bakery, a butcher and delicatessen shop.
A doctor, a dentist, an osteopath are also present in the village.
- GPS coordinates: Lat 43.8632, Long 4.69385
- Reservation of a taxi from Avignon TGV station, Marseille-Marignane and Montpelier airports, or for any other destination from Boulbon : Taxi Pascal 06 76 32 18 25
- Bus 56 Avignon – Boulbon – Tarascon information and schedules : zou.maregionsud.fr
- Information town hall of Boulbon : www.mairie-boulbon.fr
- Tourist information : www.myprovence.fr